Enter the first
I didn't even go home after the auction. I went to the house. By golly, I spent my money, I'm gonna go look inside this place. The rear door look had actually been broken off, who knows when. It saved me having to find alternate entry, but without knowing what to expect, I ventured inside. It became very evident that those pictures from OHD were definitely as old or older than the posts I had read comments from. The years between then and now had not been kind. To give an idea, here's the photo again of the main staircase upstairs from the front of the house that the last realtor listing had, versus how I found it.
Then:
Now:
As you can see, the weather had caught up with the house. As it turns out, there had been a section of the roof at the top of the stairs that had collapsed. I'm not sure if it was a tree branch or what else caused it but it is thought to have been probably five years or more that there's been a hole there, pouring water into the house from the roof, down over the rest.
The rest of the house revealed other rooms in similar disarray. Rather than post all the pictures, I'll just leave a video here of the entire walkthrough of the house. It's a long video, feel free to skip around, but it'll give a much better idea of how bad it ended up being.
The rest of the house revealed other rooms in similar disarray. Rather than post all the pictures, I'll just leave a video here of the entire walkthrough of the house. It's a long video, feel free to skip around, but it'll give a much better idea of how bad it ended up being.
After getting home and processing the information, I'll admit it was a little hard to stomach how far in over my head I might've gotten myself.

Comments
Post a Comment